Innovation with tradition

Innovations are part of a long tradition in our company’s history, which owes its origins to the enterprise and energy of Friedrich Duss, who founded in 1920 a small workshop in Neubulach in the Black Forest, for the production of electrical control panels and DC motors.

From a small family business, a modern industrial undertaking evolved, specialising in rotary hammers, breakers and diamond core drills which, thanks to a spirit of inventiveness and countless patents, has acquired an international reputation. Over the years, DUSS went on to develop a whole range of technological achievements which are taken for granted by users on building sites today.

1920

Friedrich Duss establishes a workshop at Neubulach in the Black Forest to produce electric control panels and DC motors.

1926

Introduction of an electric rotary drill at the Industrial Exhibition in Leipzig, Germany.

1928

DUSS develops its first foreign market in Switzerland.

1930

DUSS trains its first apprentices. At DUSS, young people are given the chance to train in popular metal professions.

1934

The production is moved to a newly constructed factory building.

1946

A great deal of effort is required to handle the difficult conditions and to drive forward the relaunch of business.

1964

DUSS produces a masterpiece in its P 50 electropneumatic combi hammer featuring an integrated dust extraction, safety clutch, oil mist lubrication and drilling/chiselling selector switch for the first time.

1965

The company founder Friedrich Duss is awarded honorary citizenship of the city of Neubulach in appreciation and gratitude for his services.

1968

In the P 28, DUSS introduces the lightest electropneumatic combi hammer.

1970

DUSS celebrates its 50th anniversary. For five decades now, DUSS has been developing, producing and distributing products which are renowned for their high quality and long service life in the field of drilling and chiselling technology.

1971

In the 1970s, the production area is again significantly increased with new buildings to meet the constantly rising demand for DUSS products.

1972

The founder of the company dies. Nevertheless, the company continues. The company is managed by the next generation of entrepreneurs and further expansion is driven forward.

1976

Powerful and practical - the PK 40 is DUSS's first, pure breaker.

1980

CNC technology is gaining ground and ensures faster throughput times and significantly higher productivity.

1997

In order to be able to test new ideas even more extensively in the future, the premises for application, endurance and quality tests will be extended by extensions.

1999

A DUSS original - the PX 46 is the world's lightest combi hammer with SDS-max chuck.

2002

Potentially record-breaking! The PK 160 and PK 300 demolition hammers achieve levels of performance comparable with compressor powered models.

2003

All-embracing technology – DUSS offers a complete range of diamond core drills for wet and dry use.

2005

A basic focus of production according to rational criteria in combination with the most modern production techniques enable innovative production processes and ensure growth and market shares.

2008

The DIA 303 W is the world’s first compact, angled diamond core drill with a 3-speed gearbox.

2009

RVA (Recoil Vibration Absorber): the combi hammers and breakers with the novel vibration damping offer superior performance and significantly reduced vibrations.

The management is joined by Konrad Duss.

2014

Demolition at its best: the PK 600 demolition hammer sets new standards with an impressing performance.

2020

DUSS can proudly review 100 years of company history and at the same time look forward to the future with great anticipation.